To honour Ramadan traditions, Meta bringing back #MonthofGood this April, with new immersive experiences and features across its technologies.
Throughout #MonthofGood, Meta will be sharing stories of communities making a positive impact, providing creators with an entry point into immersive technology and offering ways for people to express themselves across its apps.
#MealsforReels – 1 Billion Meals
Meta will be activating Reels through its #MealsforReels with global content creators to participate in raising funds and awareness to help distribute more than 1,000,000,000 meals across 50 countries and on six different continents, in partnership with the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives, UN world food program and the UNHCR.
Its partners will create Food Reels during the month of Ramadan and attach a special #MealsForReels wallet to help raise funds and donations.
Following the success of Suhoor Talks last year, Meta will bring back its Ramadan Talks this year with four talks in four weeks.
Ramadan Talks will host top global creators through a series of live content on FB and IG moderated by top-tiered creators around topics revolving around #MonthOfGood.
- Week 1 will see Chef Shaheen hosting a FB live on Food Content Creation where Chef Shaheen and his creator guests will be addressing how through food we can unite and bring the world together both physically and digitally.
- Week 2 will see a special talk ‘The Reels Masters’ hosted by Maha Jaafar alongside the top Reels content creators, where they share all about their methods and tips around how to create a successful social media strategy around Reels.
- In week 3, we will celebrate Earth Day. Hosted By Jack Harries, and taking place on the 22nd of April during Earth day, the talk will see top environmentalists and climate advocates encouraging the next generation to build a better tomorrow and future and sharing tips on how this can be done.
- In the last week of Ramadan, leading influencer Jessica Kahawaty will invite Jacob Abrian, Salama Mohamed and Aly Osman to discuss how to build brands in the age of digital
- Vivvy Yousef, from Malaysia, will be joining the discussion on “building a digital brand”, and Asad Memon (Food Fusion), from Pakistan, will join the panel on “food bringing people together”.
Social Community and Creator Partnerships
Meta is joining forces with Community Partnerships and bringing creators and public figures to support three NGOs in Lebanon, Egypt, and Morocco to raise awareness about the various initiatives and encourage people to donate to the various causes.
It is also partnering with leading food and travel blog NoGarlicNoOnions, as well as several Lebanon communities to host a cooking activity in every major city in Lebanon, preparing Lebanon’s famous “Rez 3a Djeij” [Rice and Meat] that can feed up to 4000 families. Some of the communities we will be working with include SAIDA, Tripoli Charity House, Safe Side and Teta w Jeddo.
Art in Product (Facebook and Instagram)
In a collaboration between one of MENA’s leading creators, Amr Maskoun, with Spark AR creators, MadebyHumans and Filterqu, Meta has created a Ramadan-themed AR effects filter for Facebook and Instagram.
The AR effects will be hosted on Meta’s SparkAR creators’ IG account, and together with our Amr Maskoun, they will amplify this through their Ramadan-related content throughout the month. Starting April 2, you can try these AR effects on your Stories or Reels.
You can click here to access and use it.