Trends in our modern world are changing day by day in each and every sector. As the proverb “When you are in Rome, do as Romans do” suggests, we should move on with what’s going on in our world. In this digital era, the importance of marketing and technology is indispensable, and the same is for the education sector too. Education is the cornerstone of personal and societal growth because it equips us with the knowledge, skills, and tools we need to navigate the world around us and pursue our dreams.
Marketing technology, or MarTech, is revolutionising the way businesses reach and engage with their customers. But did you know that MarTech can also have a significant impact on the education industry? In this article, we’ll take a closer look at MarTech in the education sector and explore some of the ways it is transforming the industry.
MarTech is set to become an essential tool for the educational sector. Educational institutions that are able to devise a robust marketing strategy and has the back support of good MarTech tools are better equipped to create personalised experiences that meet the needs of potential candidates, resulting in better engagement, loyalty and rapport building with the potential candidates
MarTech refers to the tools and platforms used by marketers to automate, optimise, and personalise their marketing efforts. It has revolutionised the way educational institutions approach marketing. From attracting new students to retaining existing ones, MarTech has made marketing in the education sector more effective and efficient.
MarTech for the educational sector includes a wide range of technologies such as customer relationship management (CRM) systems, email marketing software, social media management tools, website analytics platforms etc.
Benefits of infusing MarTech in the education sector –
● Personalisation: With the help of MarTech, educational institutions can gather and analyze data on individual students to create personalised emails, website content, and social media messages that resonate with individual students. This can lead to better engagement and improved outcomes for students.
● Marketing and recruitment: MarTech can be used to help schools and universities target and reach prospective students through digital marketing campaigns. This can include strategies such as email marketing, social media advertising, and search engine optimisation etc.
● Student retention: MarTech can also be used to identify at-risk students and intervene early to prevent them from dropping out. This can involve tracking attendance, monitoring academic performance, and providing targeted support to students who need it.
● Alumni engagement: MarTech can be used to maintain connections with alumni and build a strong network of supporters for the institution. This can include email campaigns, social media outreach, and targeted events and activities.
● Improved marketing ROI: MarTech can provide valuable insights into how students are engaging with the institution, what marketing strategies are working, and where improvements can be made. By tracking metrics such as website traffic, email open rates, and social media engagement, educational institutions can gain insights into the effectiveness of their marketing efforts. This information can then be used to refine marketing campaigns and improve overall marketing strategy, resulting in a better return on investment (ROI).
MarTech is set to transform the educational sector by providing institutions with the tools they need to attract, engage, and retain students. By leveraging data and automation, educational institutions can create personalised experiences that meet the needs of individual students and provide them with the information and support they need to succeed. MarTech is surely a winning essential tool for educational institutions that want to stay ahead of the curve in a highly competitive landscape.
ByRomy Palakkal, Marketing and Sales Strategist for Dubai Educational Institutions | CMO |