TikTok hosted its first-ever global experience “TikTok World” designed to help brands and marketers embrace the TikTok journey and reimagine how they connect with their communities.
During this inaugural edition of the global event, TikTok introduced a growing suite of new creative, branding and commerce solutions tailored to help businesses of all sizes drive real impact for their business. These solutions are meant to enhance the brand experience on the platform, how they connect with audiences, and how they are discovered by the community.
Hear hear! Connect your best set of headphones for Campaign’s next Online Briefing: Creativity you can Hear – Audio Storytelling, Targeting and the Future. Join us to find out how to use music, podcasts and more to make your brand sing.
Strengthening brand and creator collaboration with innovative creative tools:
When brands join TikTok, they are encouraged to think like marketers and act like creators. In fact, as a testament to the creative and engaging work of brands on TikTok, 61% of TikTok users say videos on TikTok are more unique than on any other platform and 7 out of 10 say TikTok ads are enjoyable.
To enable advertisers to embrace creativity on the platform and also to help them connect and collaborate with the diverse ecosystem of creators, TikTok has introduced a growing suite of creative solutions:
- TikTok Creator Marketplace: This self-serve portal makes it easy for brands to find a diverse variety of creators that best aligns with their interests.
- TikTok Creator Marketplace API: This API enables access to TikTok first-party marketplace data for creator marketing experts including Whalar, Influential, Captiv8, to provide brands with white-glove services to help manage the entire end-to-end process of creator marketing on TikTok.
- Open Application Campaigns: Brands can post campaign briefs to creators across TikTok Creator Marketplace so that they can self-apply and participate.
- Branded Content Toggle: This tool allows creators to mark videos and disclose commercial content without disrupting their creative flow.
- Customized Instant Page: Brands can create landing pages that load in seconds – 11x faster than standard mobile pages – to let users dive deeper into a brand’s message by watching videos or swiping through different content.
New branding solutions to measure the value and impact of TikTok
But, how can brands really determine the impact of a campaign without measurement?
In order to help brands, large and small, find a home for their voice, products and services all the while operating in a brand-safe environment, TikTok has shared tools that will help brands easily buy ads on the platform, measure the success of their campaigns, and track performance.
- Reach & Frequency: Brands can run effective, predictive and transparent campaigns on TikTok.
- TikTok Brand Lift Study: This survey-based approach measures how users feel about the ads they see on TikTok, and additionally, TikTok has teamed up with Kantar and Nielsen for Brand Lift – so partners can rest assured that it matches industry standards for effectiveness and reliability.
- Ad Viewability: With MOAT and DoubleVerify, TikTok will provide partners the insight they need about invalid traffic and viewability on the platform.
- Brand Safety and Suitability Tools: With IAS, OpenSlate, and Zefr, TikTok continues to ensure that brands’ campaigns run adjacent to content that’s suitable for the brand.
- TikTok Inventory Filter: TikTok is enabling advertisers to gain more control over where they’d like their ads to run adjacent to and feel more confident on our platform. TikTok’s solution is aligned to the GARM Brand Safety and Suitability Framework to meet global, industry-wide standards.
Introducing “TikTok Shopping” – connecting Community, Entertainment and Commerce:
Over the years, the highly engaged and authentic TikTok community has truly shaped and changed culture at large, in many ways. As TikTok continues to fuel product discovery, this community is leading an industry-changing, retail marketing movement. Creators authentically share product reviews, hauls, and other content featuring products and brands they discovered and love on TikTok. Now, brands of all sizes, old and new, are turning to TikTok to reach and connect with their communities.
To further empower brands and merchants to make this connection with their customers meaningful and real, TikTok has introduced TikTok Shopping, a suite of solutions, features, and advertising tools that empowers brands and merchants to meaningfully engage with their customers:
- First-Party Integration: Merchants can tap into a full commerce experience with the capability to upload products and manage everything from shipping to fulfilment and point of purchase.
- Third-Party Integration: For merchants who enjoy working with their preferred third-party commerce partner, Shopify, Square, Ecwid, PrestaShop are now available on the platform. WIX, SHOPLINE, OpenCart, and BASE are expected to be available soon.
- Product Links: Brands can highlight one or multiple products directly from an organic TikTok video, leading users to instantly-loaded product detail pages.
- LIVE Shopping: Brands can connect directly with their community in real-time and share dynamic links to products and services at the same time.
- Collection Ads: Brands can include custom, swipeable product cards in their In-Feed video ads.
- Dynamic Showcase Ads: Brands can serve users personalized, targeted ads based on the users’ interests.
In addition to the new reveals, the session also celebrated creators, artists, SMBs, and brands that managed to unlock real-world opportunities through the power of discovery and connection, as well as the trends and the culture that have come to life through the TikTok community.
Blake Chandlee, President, Global Business Solutions, said: “We’ve witnessed time and time again the important role that brands play in the TikTok experience. We’ve also seen how our community enjoys engaging with the brands they love. So when businesses of all sizes come to TikTok, we’re excited to help them connect with their community, market their products, and build their brand in a way they can’t do anywhere else.”
Aref Yehia, Head of Retail and Ecommerce, TikTok Global Business solutions, METAP Said: “Over the years, we’ve witnessed many success stories by local and regional brands on TikTok, all built on authenticity, joy and creativity. With no limits to the ingenuity on our platform, today, we see brands as an entertaining part of the TikTok experience. These new services and tools, all with the community at the centre of the experience, further assert our commitment to continuously humanize digital commerce, and this is just the beginning.”
TikTok is committed to constantly pushing forward and further understanding what its community values, using these as signals to guide the future product innovation and set new standards for the industry.