It’s party time! – Campaign’s Industry Night 2019
TLDR: Campaign’s Industry Night; good company; drinks vouchers; great time.
Last year Campaign had a party to celebrate our 10th anniversary. It was great, so this year we are having another one. An 11th birthday isn’t much of a thing unless you’re an 11-year-old, but we plan to throw a bash because we can.
We’ve got a lovely venue. We’ve got a date, November 14, the evening after our Marcomms event (it finishes at lunchtime, so you’ll have time to get changed).
Venue: Waldorf Astoria, Dubai Palm Jumeirah (View on Google Maps)
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2019
Time: 7pm onwards
If you want some more specific suggestions of how to spend the evening, here are some ideas:
- Hang out with old friends, colleagues and partners, and meet new ones.
- Scare people away by selling to them.
- Hide from people pitching you stuff.
- Stand in the corner looking cool and mysterious in sunglasses.
- Tell the person who reviewed your best ad what you think of their ‘constructive criticism’.
- Brag about your account wins over the last year.
- Try to get a new job.
- Cry in the toilets.
- Tell anyone who’s listening about the client who left you and how you don’t care and you’re better off without them and they are ungrateful and you never liked them anyway.
- Cry in the toilets again.
- Call your ex-client ‘just to see how they are doing’ and suggest that perhaps you could meet up later and work on a campaign for old time’s sakes if they are not doing anything this evening.
- Demand to know what your ex-client’s new agency has that you don’t.
- Return to toilets to compose yourself.
- Spot start up client that hadn’t even been incorporated when you launched your agency and try to pitch to them, explaining you have space in your roster for someone like them.
- Admit that by ‘like them’ you mean ‘like your ex-client’.
- Tell them about how you miss your ex-client until the start-up has to go because they ‘think they saw their friend over there’.
- Take taxi home.
- Read about it in Campaign.
- Repeat annually.
Registration is now closed