The Marketing Society is proud to launch its first-ever scholarship in partnership with TikTok to champion and help accelerate the careers of young marketers in the UAE.
In line with the UAE’s Year of the 50th, The Marketing Society is offering 50 subscriptions to the future leaders of the marketing industry, which will provide access to thought leadership content, publications, webinars, select events, mentoring opportunities and development training from the TikTok and The Marketing Society communities.
The scholarship is open to Emirati’s and residents of the UAE within the marketing, advertising, communications, and PR industries – whether they’re client-side, agencies or media houses and have less than five years’ experience in their field. Know any risk-takers that are bursting with creativity and endless ideas and possess an entrepreneurial verve like no other? Or someone who uses initiative and delivers results for their client’s day in day out? Have these rising stars excelled in their career to date, been involved in projects that exceeded expectations and demonstrated a drive that sets them apart from their peers? Then nominate them now.
Nominations are open and can be submitted here before the 18th of November: https://www.marketingsociety.com/news/marketing-society-uae-scholarship. Marketers can also apply directly themselves.
Alasdair Hall-Jones, Acting Commercial Director, The Marketing Society said “The Marketing Society is passionate about accelerating marketing leadership and developing the industry here in the region. Through this annual scholarship, we aim to celebrate the emerging next generation of marketers in the UAE and are thrilled to be running this in partnership with TikTok.”
Fahad Osman, Head of Business Marketing METAP, TikTok said “Enabling new ideas and creativity is at the very core of what we value as a platform. TikTok’s partnership with The Marketing Society helps us take our ethos and extend it, through an incredible mix of tools, educational resources and events, to enable the next generation of senior marketers to be able to continue innovating and changing the landscape in which we operate.”
The list of the scholarships will be announced on 12 December.
For more information, please get in touch with Alasdair Hall-Jones – [email protected]
Current board members of The Marketing Society UAE include:
- Khaled Ismail, Chairman – Vice President Communications, Tetra Pak, Europe, Central Asia, Middle East and Africa
- Mike Fairburn, Vice Chair – General Manager, Sony Music Entertainment Middle East
- Amina Taher, Abu Dhabi Lead, Vice President Brand, Marketing, & Partnership, Etihad Aviation Group
- Peter DeBenedictis – CMO – Middle East & Africa, Microsoft
- Kamal Dimachkie, Former Chief Operating Officer at Publicis Communications
- Rachel Dunn – Communications Director Middle East & Africa, Microsoft
- Sally Edwards – Senior Advisor, Festivals and Events at Dubai Tourism
- Maria Gedeon – Chief Customer and Marketing Officer, Chalhoub Group
- Mohammed Ismaeel, Senior Vice President Marketing – VISA CEMEA
- Trixie LohMirmand – Executive Vice President, Events Management, Dubai World Trade Centre
- Fran Owens – Chief Client Officer, Tutuka
- Asmaa Quorrich – Senior Vice President Marketing, Global, Jumeirah Group