After the resounding success of last year’s Saudi Report 2021, Campaign Middle East announces publication of its 2nd annual Saudi Report 2022, a supplement dedicated to the media, marketing and advertising scene in Saudi Arabia. Please find here the link to last year’s edition.
The social and political changes in the kingdom, as well as specific initiatives are spurring a rapid evolution of the media, marketing and communications industry in the Kingdom. In 2016 the General Entertainment Authority was established. It is responsible for bringing in non-religious tourism, opening cinemas, sporting events and concerts among other economic drivers that would have been unthinkable only a few years before.
In April 2018, the first cinema in 35 years opened in Saudi Arabia. There are plans to have 2,000 screens in place by the end of this decade. In 2018 women were allowed into sports stadiums for the first time, and only a year later Saudi Arabia hosted a WWE women’s wrestling match. Last year saw the first Formula One Saudi Arabia Grand Prix take place in Jeddah.
Saudi Arabia also has one of the world’s youngest populations, with approximately 50 per cent of its population of 34.2 million being under 25 years old. Since 2018, the kingdom has seen concerts like from the big-name western artists including David Guetta, Enrique Iglesias, the Black Eyed Peas, Mariah Carey, Sean Paul and Akon. Local musicians and artists are drawing ever-growing crowds too, and last year’s Riyadh Season was a big hit. Meanwhile megaprojects such as KAEC and Neom are bounding ahead, and Al Ula is one of many emerging sites targeting cultural tourists.
We are looking at the below information from our partners in this country report:
1. The Agency directory : Building on the success of the ready-reference formula of Campaign’s annual agency guides. The directory is open to any agency with a business licence and office in Saudi Arabia. This directory is the ideal resource for clients looking for the best partners to promote their brands in Saudi Arabia. It will include local branches of international agencies, and also independent and home-grown Saudi agencies. Basic listings are free, or agencies can opt to pay to enhance their listings. Please find below the listing formats:
- Basic free listing: Agency name, Type of agency (Media/Creative/Digital/PR – Choose any one), Year founded, Head of company, Agency bio (50 words max), Key clients, Email, Services offered (5 max) & Office location in Saudi.
- Paid Half Page listing: The above info + High Res Company logo, Leadership panel (Pics & Designations of up to 4 top management), Website, Local Phone numbers, Social media handles, Awards won, Key clients & Additional services + Annual subscription of the Online Directory.
- Paid Full Page listing: The above Half page listing + a Half page interview / Advert. The interview would also be published on www.campaignme.com with posts on Campaigns Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram pages with your social handles for more exposure and would also be included in Campaign’s weekly newsletter.
- Double Page listing: In this option, you would get a Half Page listing, half page interview and a full page advert. You can also swap to a half page advert and a full page interview. The interview would also be published on www.campaignme.com with posts on Campaign’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram pages with your social handles for more exposure and would also be included in Campaign’s weekly newsletter.
Please click here for the Listings examples for reference.
2. Local work : Highlighting some of the best recent work created by Saudi agencies and for Saudi clients, pages of inspiration and recognition. Format: Please email a video link to the work,or a high res images, 100 word write up and creative credits.
3. Expert insight and analysis : Thought leadership pieces / opinion pieces from industry experts. Among the topics we will be covering are: influencers; cinema; events; television; and much more. Format: Please email us the topic for our review and we will get back to you with our go ahead / feedback and suggestions.
4. Data galore : Including ad spend predictions, historical data, social media user analytics, consumer spending habits and trends, broader economic indicators and more. The guide will provide a one-stop resource for those planning media campaigns and marketing strategies. Format: Please email us all the topic and details you would like to share and we will get back to you with our go ahead / feedback and suggestions.
If you have insights into any of the above pointers and the Saudi Arabian market that can help the industry understand the opportunities and challenges that the kingdom presents, please get in touch with us.
Final deadline for submitting all content would be 13th May 2022. Issue would be out on 30th May 2022.
For any information on the above and for branding and partnership opportunities, including paid listings rates, sponsorships, partner content or display Full Page Ads, please email Campaign’s publisher [email protected] and editor [email protected] or call +971506453365.