Al-Futtaim Lexus is celebrating the UAE’s 52nd Union Day with a campaign called ‘Colours through Lexus’.
It brings to life a world of colour for a Lexus owner affected by colour blindness or colour vision deficiency (CVD), all from the comfort of their Lexus car.
Globally, about 1 in 12 men and 1 in 200 women suffer from some form of colour blindness or CVD, and 99 percent of all colour blind people suffer from red-green colour blindness.
In the UAE, a study by Moorfields Eye Hospitals found significant colour vision defects among the tested population, showing the need for more comprehensive research to assess the reasons for its prevalence.
The ‘Colours through Lexus’ case study film not only raises awareness on this condition, but also pays tribute to the UAE’s dynamic progress.
It narrates the story of a Lexus owner suffering from colour blindness, and a special car tint applied on his hybrid Lexus enabling him to celebrate UAE Union Day by visualising and experiencing the true colours of the UAE flag for the first time.
The special coating used on the Lexus windows is similar to that used in glasses for colour blindness, and by using this innovative technology in its vehicle in the UAE, Lexus ensures that he can fully experience Union Day celebrations around him.
The campaign marks another successful instance of Al-Futtaim Lexus’ inclusive approach to celebrate along with the community.
Jacques Brent, Managing Director of Al-Futtaim Lexus, said: “Al-Futtaim Lexus has been an inseparable part of the UAE’s heritage and dynamic development throughout the past decades.
“We are delighted to pay our tributes to the UAE’s resilient and progressive spirit while providing a unique solution to an important medical condition in the form of our ‘Colors Through Lexus’ campaign.
“As captured in this poignant film, the creation of a specialized Union Day tint not only further strengthens the enduring bond of Al-Futtaim Lexus with the UAE, but also sets an innovative benchmark in creatively tackling Color Vision Deficiency.
“The iconic hybrid Lexus in the film is also a timely reminder of Al-Futtaim Automotive’s role as a pioneer of green mobility and creator of a sustainable future – as the UAE welcomes global leaders to the COP28 climate conference.”
- Katib Belkhodja – Managing Director- Al-Futtaim Customer Centricity
- Roxanne Magbanua – General Manager, Al-Futtaim COE Marketing
- Tarek Ouled – Head of Marketing, Al-Futtaim COE Marketing
- Saad Abdullah – General Manager, Marketing, Al-Futtaim Toyota & Lexus
- Yazan Al Mobaideen – Head of Performance Marketing, Al-Futtaim COE
- Karim Hassanein – Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Al-Futtaim Toyota & Lexus
- Lara Ayoub Agha – Senior Marketing Manager, Al-Futtaim Lexus
- Hossam Mahgoub – Marketing Manager, Al-Futtaim Lexus
- Rose Viajar – Marketing Executive, Al-Futtaim Lexus
- Alaa Tarawneh – Senior Manager – Brand Experience, Motorsport & Content TOYOTA GAZOO Racing – UAE, Al-Futtaim Toyota & Lexus
- Sara Abouhatab – Social Media Account Manager, Al-Futtaim Toyota & Lexus
- Hadi Ballout- Managing Director
- Kevin Kurian – Business Director
- Bhaskar Bareja – Head Of Strategy UAE
- Alaa Nour – Account Director
- Georges Enkiri – Senior Account Manager
- Nicole Correia – Senior Account Executive
- Steve Delange – Executive Creative Director
- Moemen Metwally – Creative Director
- Hussein Krayem – Content Director
- Taha Khan – Copywriter
- Brinda Singala – Art Director
- Shadi Kharmacho – Head of Arabic
- Antonio Geagea – Senior Digital Designer
- Karl El Hitti – Head of Social
- Yara Maalouf – Social Account Manager
- Leila Chouman – Media Planning Director
- Lynn Kharrat – Senior Executive Planner
- Zaynoun Abou Ibrahim – Senior Executive Paid Social
- Ramzi Bou Rouphael – Senior Executive Biddable Media
- Zein Daify – Executive – Paid Social
- Tony Sidgwick – Account Director
- Nour Aboulaban – Senior Account Manager