Feta Pasta, the now infamous pasta recipe, has taken TikTok by storm. This easy to make 20-minute recipe has captured users’ attention from all around the world as it flocks over everyone’s ‘For You’ page.
As people continue to stay at home in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, many creative, fun and entertaining cooking trends have emerged. From baking banana bread, making Dalogna Coffee, cereal pancakes, and most recently, cutting cake with a glass, these trends started on TikTok and Feta Pasta is the latest dish everyone is looking to recreate.
With winter being the perfect season for comfort food, ‘FetaPasta’ has become a top dish on TikTok. The name refers to oven-baked feta pasta, the perfect dish to keep you warm and full. The platform has seen users from different parts of the world recreate this dish and share a step by step guide on how to make it.
To date, the hashtag #FetaPasta has generated over 30.5M views with videos created by Michigan-based chef Yumna, food writer Ciara, and TikTok chef Jeremy Scheck. Local chefs from the MENA region have also taken to TikTok to create this dish including SaadRadio, Afnan, Layal Takieddine, Touma and Dana Kay.
Follow these simple steps to recreate the famous Feta Pasta or ‘Uunifetapasta’:
- Lay the foundation on a baking tray with olive oil
- Add a bunch of tomatoes (you can decide between cherry, chopped or even heirloom tomatoes)
- Place one brick of feta right in the middle
- You can also add red onions, garlic, bell peppers, herbs, olives and capers
- Place the dish in the oven at 205 degrees and wait until the feta is softened
- Boil your favourite pasta while waiting
- Once the feta is softened and out of the oven, place the pasta on top and mix it together in the baking tray.