The next wave of talented Featured Creators who will headline the first-ever VidCon Abu Dhabi, as well as the event’s exciting agenda, have been unveiled.
The event, organised by ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI) in collaboration with the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi (DCT Abu Dhabi), will feature Q&As with top content creators from around the world, keynote talks, panel discussions, workshops, musical performances and much more.
Taking place from December 3 to 6 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC), more than 90 Featured Creators are set to take centre stage at the UAE’s debut edition of the world’s largest celebration of digital creators and online video.
Alongside the previously announced Featured Creators, VidCon Abu Dhabi has revealed the additions to its exciting line-up, representing a diverse range of social platforms. These include Naz, OcmZ, The Moshaya Family, Kaj, Ozx, Ruby Rose, Laroussi, Soukaina, YoTips, Essa Almarzoug, Sandra Sahi, Lea Makhoul, Azzyland, Sam Tsui, Aysha Harun, Geography Now, Ben Morris, Simon Wilson, Fun For Louis and Jordan Matter, with more big names set to be revealed soon.
From YouTube and TikTok to Amazon and Netflix, social and digital innovations are radically changing the media, marketing and advertising spheres around the world. VidCon Abu Dhabi’s Industry Track is the only event in the region where the world’s top creators, growth hackers, online experts, and leaders from the top video platforms come together to chart the future of the media industry. This extraordinary group of experts will provide unparalleled access to strategies, secrets, tips and insights about adapting and thriving during the digital age.
VidCon Abu Dhabi brings together startups, creators and executives from the likes of TikTok, Snap, Vice, Anghami, Samsung, Netflix, Instagram and Twitch to share their strategies for success. Visitors can learn from the world’s most successful influencers, including Supercar Blondie, Caspar Lee, and Kurt Hugo Schneider, about how to build huge audiences on emerging social video platforms. The Industry Track will also feature a Web3 focus where startups and experts can explore the future of NFTs, cryptocurrencies and creator-first economies. The full list of speakers can be viewed on the VidCon Abu Dhabi website.
VidCon Abu Dhabi will include VidCon’s three signature tracks – Community, Creator and Industry – with each providing attendees with unique sessions and experiences tailored to their specific interests.
The Community Track is designed for fans of online video, its creators and its culture. Attendees will have access to Q&As with leading Featured Creators from around the world, as well as live performances, creative workshops, live music, fun activities in the Festival Plaza and more. Guests who purchase the 2.5 Day Community Track pass can access meet-and-greets where they can interact with some of their favourite Featured Creators.
Highlights from the Community Track include:
- TikTok Stars – Join top TikTok stars as they discuss their rise to fame, how TikTok has influenced their lives, and tips on how to be a creator like them.
- Nation to Nation: Creating Around the World – Join an international panel of top creators as they discuss the difference and the similarities of creating content in their country.
- Mental Health and Creator Burnout – Sharing life experiences with the community, both online and IRL, can be hard for a lot of creators and opening up about mental health can be extremely difficult to some. In this session, join the content creators who have gone through these experiences to learn about making time for yourself, talking about mental health, avoiding burnout, practising self-care, and recognising when the internet is harming your health.
- Who Runs the World? – Women are standing up and speaking out! Learn from some of the top female creators about their journeys to success in a male-dominated industry.
- The World of Filmmaking – For many artists, being a content creator is just one part of their lives. Learn the inspiring stories and techniques of the amazing filmmakers in this panel and how to expand one’s craft beyond social media.
- The Sound of Social Media – Social media has made life-changing developments in the lives of these musicians. Listen in as they explain how they have utilised the digital world to promote their careers.
Taking place from December 3 to 5, these sessions and other experiences await fans interested in discovering new content creators, making new friends and interacting with their favourite creators. Tickets for the Community Track can be purchased through the VidCon Abu Dhabi website here.
The Creator Track is designed for the emerging talents of Generation Z. Offering panel discussions, talks and workshops with top creators and industry experts, the events aim to provide the next generation of creators with inspiration and ‘take home’ expertise about finding their voice, growing their audiences, producing high-quality content, and building their brand online.
Highlights from within the Creator Track include:
- Genius Hacks into YouTube and TikTok – Join numerous experts from within the digital world as they discuss how to use YouTube and TikTok to improve their abilities and share expert strategies for unlocking the internal algorithms of each platform to drive up subscribers, views and revenues.
- The Rise of NFTs and Crypto – With the ever-changing digital world and the rise of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and cryptocurrencies, international experts and startup CEOs share their knowledge on how to create, launch and profit from these exciting new technologies.
- Secrets: Podcasting, Livestreaming, Gaming, Filming and Building YOU! – Join various experts from the fields of podcasting, streaming-on-the-go and filmmaking as they share the best-kept secrets from throughout their careers.
The Creator Track sessions and experiences are spread over three days, from December 3 to 5, with tickets available at the VidCon Abu Dhabi website here.
The Industry Track will provide executives with in-depth, industry-changing insights on how to grow and monetise a business through online video platforms. It will also look at building sustainable and profitable communities, best practices for using video to sell products and services, and comprehensive strategy discussions that that will enhance the online video and media industry in the region.
Highlights from within the Industry Track include:
- Influencer Marketing – Join top influencers and marketing experts from around the world as they share strategies and key insights into leveraging the power of influencers, the universal principles of influencer marketing, when to use micro-influencers, how to avoid influencer fraud, and the creative art of disruptive influencer marketing.
- Creating for Good: Driving Brand Success Through Purpose-Driven Content – Companies that are seeking success and resonance in the long-term must now serve a higher purpose than their bottom line. This workshop will look at just how much content is being created, who is consuming it, and how to tell stories that matter, no matter the budget.
- Going Global: How to Engage a Worldwide Audience – With millions of people watching and connecting with digital content every day within the MENA region, how can one expand presence beyond borders and build a global audience? What territories should brands and media companies be focussed on, and how can they tailor their content and programming strategies for international success? Join our panel of industry experts for insights and best practices to maximise reach and monetisation.
Attendees will learn from experts, leaders, and top creators how to build sustainable and profitable communities and how to best work with influencers and others. The sessions and workshops will take place from December 4 to 6, with tickets available through the VidCon Abu Dhabi website here.
VidCon Abu Dhabi’s priority is the health and safety of its attendees, sponsors, speakers, creators, and staff. Organisers are working closely with ADNEC, the National Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA) and DCT Abu Dhabi to ensure a positive, and COVID-safe VidCon experience.
Official sponsors of VidCon Abu Dhabi 2021 include Air, Alfan, Candylicious, Hu Management, MindBerry, MTV, NasAcademy, Nickelodeon, Paramount+, PopNetwork, and Whalar.