WARC, the global authority on marketing effectiveness, has today released the shortlist of the WARC Prize for MENA Strategy 2020, a search for the best strategic marketing thinking that has driven results in the Middle East and North Africa.
A total of 20 case studies spanning a range of product categories have been shortlisted, with both local and global brands being represented, including Etisalat Misr in Egypt, Donner Sang Compter in Lebanon, Saudi Telecom Company in Saudi Arabia, Burger King, Nissan Patrol and OMO.
Saudi Arabia leads with seven country-specific campaigns shortlisted, followed by the UAE with five, Lebanon with three, and Egypt and Tunisia with one each. Three of the shortlisted papers are for campaigns that ran in more than one country in the region.
Commenting on the shortlist, jury chair Tarek El Kady, Senior Marketing Director, McDonald’s Middle East & Africa, said: “This year’s MENA Prize Shortlist showcases some of the very best strategic thinking in the region that embraces the changes the industry is witnessing and has led to tangible business growth.”
The shortlisted entries are:
- Art Gap · Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) · Standard Chartered · TBWA\RAAD · United Arab Emirates
- The Uncovered · Ahmini · Tunisie Telecom · Wunderman Thompson Tunis, Ahmini · Tunisia
- Who said men don’t cry? · Burger King · Wunderman Thompson KSA · Saudi Arabia
- Burjer Kinj · Burger King · Wunderman Thompson KSA · Saudi Arabia
- Conquer Everywhere · Nissan Patrol · Nissan · TBWA\RAAD · United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain
- Post-Credit Wash · OMO · Unilever · TBWA\RAAD · Lebanon
- Launching Local Chicken · KFC · Yum! · TBWA\RAAD · Saudi Arabia
- What are we allowing? · Saudi Telecom Company · Wunderman Thompson KSA · Saudi Arabia
- As far as we go · Almosafer · FP7 McCann Dubai · Saudi Arabia
- The Gift of Mom · Babyshop · Landmark Group · FP7 McCann Dubai · United Arab Emirates
- Blood Unity · Donner Sang Compter (DSC) · FP7 McCann Dubai · Lebanon
- unspoken, uae · Lighthouse Centre for Wellbeing · McCann Health Dubai, FP7 McCann Dubai · United Arab Emirates
- Every Step Counts · Emirates NBD · FP7 McCann Dubai · United Arab Emirates
- Inspire What’s Next · Emirates NBD · FP7 McCann Dubai · United Arab Emirates
- Repurposed Meals · Puck · Arla Foods · FP7 McCann Dubai · Pan Arab
- Making meal-time fun time · Puck · Arla Foods · FP7 McCann Dubai · Pan Arab
- Making this place their home · Beit Al Baraka · FP7 McCann Beirut, FP7 McCann Dubai · Lebanon
- The Fair Telco Company · Jawwy · STC · FP7 McCann Dubai, FP7 McCann Riyadh · Saudi Arabia
- The Ramadan campaign that didn’t launch during Ramadan · Jawwy · STC · FP7 McCann Dubai, FP7 McCann Riyadh · Saudi Arabia
- Hekaya – Family Talk · Etisalat Misr · FP7 McCann Cairo · Egypt
The shortlisted papers and information on the WARC Prize for MENA Strategy 2020 are available to view here.
The winners will be announced on 5th August with the fourth edition of the Lessons from the WARCPrize for MENA Strategy 2020 Report being published in September.
WARC Prize for MENA Strategy, now in its fourth year, is free to enter and has a $10,000 prize fund to be distributed between the winners of the Grand Prix and three Special Awards.