TikTok is bringing the Ramadan spirit to the platform by taking the MENA community on a journey through entertainment, learning and a staple of Ramadan, food.
Starting this week and until the end of the Holy Month, Ramadan lives on TikTok with a jammed pack schedule helping TikTok creators celebrate key Ramadan traditions from Fawazeer, soaps, dramas to tasty and mouthwatering recipes.
Video is an essential part of advertising and content-marketing strategies. Join our free Online Briefing on Video 2021: Future Trends and Effectiveness to learn how to do it even better.
“Last year, we saw people embrace the spirit of Ramadan on TikTok and come together virtually to celebrate key traditions. As our community couldn’t gather with their families and friends in line with the Covid-19 restrictions, TikTok truly became the platform where Ramadan traditions lived on. This year, we are building on those traditions to offer our creators a space for celebration, gratitude and entertainment. We’re really excited for what we have in store for our TikTok community in the MENA region and invite our community to join us as we celebrate the Holy Month under #RamadanVibes,” said Rami Zeidan, head of video and creative at TikTok.
TikTok has a lot to offer this Ramadan from LIVE events, activities and exciting in-app challenges:
- #guessthedish: through an interactive trivia quiz, the TikTok community can guess the name of Ramadan dishes in 3 seconds through their key ingredients. The #guessthedish challenge has received over 50M views to date with joyful submissions from the likes of Chef Shaheen and Walid Yari
- #ramadancheck: under the #ramadancheck, creators can share their daily Ramadan life and the most special moments of Ramadan’s first days from family gatherings to neighbors’ dishes, volley balling and more. The challenge has received over 188.7M views to date with submission from Rand Majali
- #RamadanMubarak: with 2.5B views to date, #RamadnaMubarak is where Egyptian singer and actor Yousra and the TikTok community share wishes of good health and wealth.
- #ramadanstyle: creators on TiKTok can show off their best Ramadan style from an abaya to a more modest look, #ramadanstyle is your outfit inspo destination this Ramadan. Get inspired by fashion icon Nirvana Abdul who shared their own looks this Ramadan.
- #ramadan_preps (#تجهيزات_رمضان): TikTok users share videos about how they prepare for Ramadan. The challenge has reached over 358M views to date with submissions from Ahmed Aziz and Rania Ali
Ramadan Kareem on TikTok Live:
TikTok Live will offer a full slate of live streams to celebrate Ramadan
- #CookWithTheStars: TikTok will produce a series of cooking episodes to be aired on April 21st, 24th, 28th, and May 1st at 4 PM KSA time with popular regional celebrities including Amir Karara, Hend Sabry, Nelly Karim, and Hana Shiha.
- Ramadaniat Live Cooking: Viewers will be able to tune in to live cooking sessions with multiple TikTok content creators and regional brands including Yara Aziz, Hadeel Marei, AtyabTabkha.com and Arla, teaching users how to make some of the region’s favourite dishes. Daily schedule available on the TikTok app Discover page.
- The Ramadan UTURN Show: running on April 28th, May 2nd and May 6th at 11 PM KSA time, a partnership with one of the top leading online entertainment networks in KSA, where a production of entertaining sketches and content covering topics including sports and entertainment.
- Ramadan Radio Shows: radio stations around the GCC, including Fujairah FM and Marina FM, will be streaming live shows daily that include fun contests and giveaways
- Aghla Min Al Dahab: a partnership with production company Yas Pro Media that includes daily interview streams with the region’s well-renowned Arabic celebrities every night at 1 AM KSA time.
- Fawazeer Ramadan: users can tune into Go. Arabi’s channel every other day at 10 PM KSA time to join in on the fun, answer trivia questions and participate in challenges.
Soaps and Dramas on TikTok:
- TV channels and series collaboration: As Ramadan is known to be a peak season for drama content, TikTok has prepared a guide to Ramadan shows to keep users up to date on their favourite shows. You can view the full guide here.
- Dubai TV, Akher Kalam show: TikTok has teamed up with Dubai TV on their premium show, Akher Kalam, which will allow users to stream the show directly from the platform. In addition, Dubai TV and TikTok are launching a hashtag challenge #آخرـكلام for users to get the chance to win a cash prize of up to AED 60,000.