The Marketing Society is pleased to welcome a new addition to its UAE board – Amina Taher, vice president brand, marketing and partnerships at Etihad Aviation Group. With a genuine passion for business, communications and culture, Amina brings with her over 15 years of experience in brand and marketing both internationally and in the UAE. Amina has spent the past seven years working in the aviation industry, she sits on the board of the Middle East Public Relations Association (MEPRA) and is an Independent Director of DXB Entertainments.
Smart thinking and new technologies have taught the established medium of television some new tricks. Find out how to grab viewers’ attention at our Campaign Online Briefing – TV 2021: Changing Channels
Commenting on why she wanted to join the Society’s board, Amina said, “It is an honour to play a part in The Marketing Society’s growth in the region and take on the responsibility of nurturing a network of world-class marketing professionals. We share a vision to raise the quality of marketing and the impact it can have on the community and economy. Just as Abu Dhabi is a gem whose true nature is just beginning to be discovered, we are also home to incredible marketing talent and I look forward to narrating our story to the world.”
The Marketing Society UAE chairman, Khaled Ismail added, “We’re very pleased to have Amina join the board of The Marketing Society. With her marketing experience, energy, passion and dedication to helping develop the marketing industry, I’m confident that she’ll be an incredible addition to our team. We’re so excited to expand the Society into Abu Dhabi to create a strong UAE community of leading marketers and I couldn’t think of anyone better to lead us. She will, without a doubt, play a significant role in the Society’s future success across the UAE and beyond.”
The Society marks five years since its launch in the region and has plans to expand its community across the GCC, as it repositions from a Dubai to UAE hub, to accelerate the growth and propel the marcomms industry forward. The 160- strong network includes senior marketers from Disney, Emirates NBD, Jumeirah Group, Landmark Group, Majid Al Futtaim, Mashreq Bank, Pizza Hut, Red Bull and many others.
A working committee has been appointed in Abu Dhabi, made up of current members who will act in a non-exec role to help shape the Society in the capital and help build the community. The committee includes: Matt Horobin, head of marketing, brand & digital, Abu Dhabi Airports; Mike Davis, regional managing director, CSM sport & entertainment; Cherry Gore, senior vice president, group brand strategy & communications, First Abu Dhabi Bank; Emma Cantwell, marketing & comms director, Louvre Abu Dhabi and Ray Eglington, group managing director at Four Communications Group.
Amina and the Abu Dhabi committee will work alongside the existing regional board, to deliver on the Society’s purpose to empower brave marketing leaders and raise the quality and standards of marketing, across the UAE and wider region.
Current board members of The Marketing Society UAE include:
- Khaled Ismail, Chairman – vice president communications, Tetra Pak, Europe, Central Asia, Middle East and Africa
- Mike Fairburn, vice-chair – general manager, Sony Music Entertainment Middle East
- Amina Taher, Abu Dhabi Lead, vice president brand, marketing, & partnership, Etihad Aviation Group
- Peter DeBenedictis – CMO – Middle East & Africa, Microsoft
- Kamal Dimachkie, former chief operating officer at Publicis Communications
- Rachel Dunn – communications director Middle East & Africa, Microsoft
- Sally Edwards – senior advisor, festivals and events at Dubai Tourism
- Maria Gedeon – chief customer and marketing officer, Chaloub Group
- Mohammed Ismaeel, senior vice president marketing – VISA CEMEA
- Jason Leavy – senior vice president international growth, Vice Media
- Trixie LohMirmand – executive vice president, events management, Dubai World Trade Centre
- Fran Owens – chief client officer, Tutuka
- Asmaa Quorrich – senior vice president marketing, global, Jumeirah Hotels