Shahid VIP, the subscription-based premium service of Shahid, part of MBC GROUP, announces a new partnership with Asharq News to bring its content to the leading streaming platform in the Arab world.
The Asharq News experience is delivered through a dedicated television channel, as well as multiple digital platforms, offering continuous insights into the people, events, organisations and ideas that impact the MENA region and international markets. An exclusive content agreement with Bloomberg Media, the business and financial information news leader, powers a key component, “Asharq Business with Bloomberg”, drawing on Bloomberg’s comprehensive coverage from more than 2,700 journalists and analysts globally.
Selective programming from Asharq News will be available to stream on Shahid VIP – the subscription-based premium service of Shahid, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
“We are very excited to have Asharq News on board; adding a unique brand of news, current affairs, and business analysis to Shahid VIP’s portfolio,” said Scott Weeman, senior partnerships manager at Shahid. “This latest channel addition reinforces Shahid VIP’s commitment to bringing the highest quality content to our audiences through large-scale productions, exclusive acquisitions, and strategic partnerships.”
Commenting on this partnership, Dr Nabeel AlKhatib, general manager of Asharq News said: “Our parentship announcement today with Shahid VIP guarantees additional viewership for some of our top programming”. As consumption habits change, demand is always on the rise; it is, therefore, integral that the supply for
diverse programming is also met; and this is what we aim to achieve by streaming our varied content of Arabic-language productions that address social and cultural topics of public interest”.
It is worth mentioning that Asharq News televises a range of exclusively produced content, including the following programmes, that will be available on Shahid VIP:
- Al Madar (The Orbit) with Adhwan Alahmari:
Broadcast from London, journalist Adhwan Alahmari hosts policymakers and opinion leaders, with whom he delves into the details of crucial issues, exploring them from all dimensions.
- Isa’al Bassem (Ask Bassem): Bassem Youssef returns to the Arab screens to educate Asharq News audience on the way to a healthier lifestyle.
- Maa wa Dud (With and Against): Two opposing parties are invited to present their opinions on an important topic, offering studio audiences the opportunity to learn about the different dimensions of an issue of public interest.
- Baa’d Heen (After a While): A look back on various topics that have caused significant controversy in the past, such as major events that once dominated the news but are now forgotten.
- Ala Al Houdoud (On the Borders): Provides a weekly summary of the most important events that occur in countries neighbouring the Middle East, and their impact on the Arab world.