WARC Awards for Effectiveness, in association with LIONS , have announced its Grand Prix and Gold winners.
Middle east picked up one Grand Prix and two gold. All three awards were picked up by Leo Burnett in the region.
Leo Burnett’s Dubai office picked up the Grand Prix for ‘The Homecoming’ campaign for Home Centre.
It also picked up a Gold for ‘Self Check-Out’ for K-Lynn.
The final award for the region, another Gold, was picked up jointly by Leo Burnett’s Dubai and Beirut branches for ‘The Not Hot Periodwear Collection’ for Always.
The awards were judged by seven international jury panels, which followed a judging process using WARC tools.
Meant to award “the best ideas that deliver business results”, the awards gave away a total of eleven Grand Prix, two Grand Prix for Good and eight Gold awards.
The Grands Prix and Gold accolades were awarded as follows:
Brand Purpose category
- Grand Prix: See My Skin・Vaseline・Edelman, New York・USA
- Gold: H For Handwashing – How Lifebuoy Made Handwashing A Lesson That No One Forgets・Lifebuoy・Lowe Lintas, Mumbai / MullenLowe, Singapore・India / Singapore
- Grand Prix: The Hire・Indeed・DDB Mudra, Bangalore・India
Channel integration category
- Grand Prix: Pre-Loved Island・eBay・EssenceMediacom, London・UK
Channel Pioneer category
- Grand Prix: The Last Performance・Partners Life・Special, Auckland・New Zealand
- Gold: Self Check-Out・K-Lynn・Leo Burnett, Dubai・UAE
Cultural Impact category
- Grand Prix: The Homecoming・Home Centre・Leo Burnett, Dubai・UAE
- Grand Prix for Good: How a Campaign About Nudes Got the Government to Change the Law・ Brook・Grey, London・UK
- Gold: Lesso Lessons・Roto Tanks・Ogilvy Africa, Nairobi・Kenya
Customer Experience category
- Grand Prix: Wear ‘Em Out Store・eBay・Edelman, New York・USA
- Gold: Amazing Thailand – Culture to Commerce・Tourism Authority of Thailand・Ogilvy, Bangkok・Thailand
Instant Impact category
- Grand Prix: Dream Drop・Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation・FCB, Toronto・Canada
- Grand Prix for Good: #Flutwein – Our Worst Vintage・Flutwein・Seven.One AdFactory, Munich / White Rabbit, Budapest・Germany / Hungary
- Gold: No Fear is Too Small・PepsiCo・Flibbr Consulting Services, Mumbai・India
Long-term Growth category
- Grand Prix: New Is Old・Back Market・Marcel, Paris・France
- Gold: Tonight, I’ll Be Eating…・Uber Eats・Special, Sydney・Australia
Partnerships & Sponsorships category
- Grand Prix: Future Baller$・iShares・DDB, San Francisco・USA
- Gold: The Not Hot Periodwear Collection・Always・Leo Burnett, Beirut / Leo Burnett, Dubai・Lebanon / UAE
- Grand Prix: The Self-Love Bouquet・Doordash・GUT, Los Angeles・USA
Use of Data category
- Grand Prix: Real Street Style・Mercado Libre・GUT, Buenos Aires・Argentina
- Gold: The Black Elevation Map・Black & Abroad・Performance Art, Toronto・Canada
The Gold and Grands Prix winners were announced at the WARC Effectiveness Show which were broadcast from the Cannes Lions.