A collective of marketing leaders has announced the formation of Leverage Marketing Advisors (LMA). LMA is a global consultancy built for today’s new and ever-changing business landscape.
One of the founders is Dubai-based Roger Duthie, a former head of sponsorship at Emirates Airline.
LMA started through a series of conversations between industry professionals during the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic. The team spent hours discussing how they could be more objective and current in their decision making and how they could best support their respective industries and contacts in the business.
It became clear to the collective that by banding together to leverage their vast experience and passions, the team could provide a fresh perspective to help brands, properties, teams, and leagues conduct business during and coming out of these challenging times. LMA’s mission is to be a trusted partner to serve those looking to maximize past and future investments, drive awareness, engagement, and ROI.
“This period of time has forced us all to reimagine how we serve our clients and our companies in this new business and marketing environment,” said Ben Sturner, LMA co-founder. “I am so grateful for this team of highly experienced marketing minds from so many industries, who are working with me to build what we are confident will provide clients and our contacts with fresh perspective, a new level of service and great results.”
The team has worked at the executive level with most leagues, teams, and influencers around the world. Leverage Marketing Advisors partners include:
- Mark Ingall – Mark was Managing Director of Global Branding, Media, and Marketing at Citi. With over 20 years of marketing experience, he has a keen understanding of the role of a brand within an organization and was a steward of the Citi brand on an international scale. Mark is based in the U.S.
- Steve Fund – Steve was the Senior Vice President and CMO for Intel Corporation, where he led all aspects of marketing and communications worldwide. In X YEAR, PR Week named him Brand Marketer of the Year for his incredible leadership at Intel. Before joining Intel, he was senior vice president of global marketing at Staples and held senior brand and marketing positions at P&G and PepsiCo. Steve is based in the U.S.
- Roger Duthie – Based in Dubai, Roger joins after close to 19 years with Emirates Airline, helping build the airline into one of the most high profile sponsors of sports, arts, and cultural events globally. Roger spearheaded the global sponsorship strategy for Emirates Airline’s extensive portfolio, specializing in soccer/football, World Cups/cricket/all USA Sports- golf/tennis/F1/Naming Rights Partnerships and ROI. This helped raise Emirates’ global brand position, making them one of the most valuable airlines in the world and the number one brand in the Middle East.
- Ben Sturner – Ben is the CEO and Founder of Leverage Agency, full-service sports, entertainment, and media marketing agency, and sister agency to Ben is based in the U.S.
- Tim McGhee – Tim is the former head of Global Sponsorships for AT&T and head of the North America practice for IMG Consulting, overseeing the agency’s client engagements in North America, including Marriott Hotels, Coca-Cola, Kia Motors, Kraft Foods, USAA Insurance, and Visa, among others. He has spent the past several years as a senior consultant, supporting senior leadership across multiple industries in high-level negotiation and sponsorship activation.
- Peter Geary – Peter is a strategic account leader with a passion for building brands and integrating partners. As mcgarrybowen’s managing director, he opened the advertising agency’s San Francisco office with line responsibilities for the Global Intel and Clorox Specialty brands. Previously, he led the account of Staples Inc. at mbNY.
- Chris Rayner – Chris has over 30 years in marketing and media in both the UK and U.S., most recently as the President North America for Publicis Media. At Publicis, he was the global lead for several of Publicis’ largest clients, including Microsoft, Citi, and Walmart. He has led global clients in auto, beauty, beverages, CBG, film and entertainment, financial services, gaming and lotteries, media, pharma, retail and telecom. Chris is based in the US.
- Omar Khan – Omar has had a 25-year career in the sports and entertainment marketing sectors, working successfully on the client and agency side of the He is based in London.
- Tiffany Rosen – Tiffany is an integrated marketing expert with over 15-plus years of experience building and championing lifestyle brands. With a focus on leveraging strategic, creative, and out-of-the-box thinking coupled with revenue-driving strategies, Tiffany has played a key role in the growth of disruptive lifestyle brands such as Vita Coco, Red Bull, WTRMLN WTR, One Bar, and Virgin Voyages.
- Stephanie Rudnick – Stephanie is the former head of communications and media relations for the XFL, the start-up spring American football league, founded by entrepreneur Vince McMahon. Prior to the XFL, she led global communications for Dentsu’s MKTG, Wasserman and Momentum Worldwide, and also held senior posts at PMK/BNC, [email protected] Home, and Microsoft.
- Chris Farrell– Over the past 11 years, Chris has served as the Vice President, Brand & Property Strategy at Leverage Agency (sister agency to LMA), focusing on brand & property growth strategy and sponsorship sales and activation. Prior to Leverage Agency, Chris was a corporate sales executive with the St. Louis Rams and began his career at IMG in the consulting division on behalf of Verizon Communications.