Middle East sports fans are now able to access the freshest sports content as streaming service ESPN Player adds award-winning documentaries, live US College sport and extensive studio programming to its line-up.
Available across every country in Europe, Middle East, Africa and some parts of Asia on desktop, mobile, tablet and Android TV, ESPN Player’s diverse live and on-demand programming includes:
- ESPNFC – Daily global soccer news show, featuring pundits including Steve Nicol, Shaka Hislop, Craig Burley and more; debating the big talking points and hot topics from elite football around the world.
- SportsCenter Global – Regular updates from ESPN’s iconic news brand, bringing viewers the latest sports stories from around the world.
- An extensive catalogue of ESPN Films sports documentaries, including many from the Peabody and Emmy Award-winning 30For30 series.
- Unrivalled coverage of NCAA College Football, with more than 800 college football games live and on demand from the beginning of the NCAA campaign to the bowl season and National Championship game.
- Over 2,000 top college basketball games. As the home of the NCAA Tournament, AKA March Madness – including the Final Four and the National Championship game – ESPN Player subscribers will be able to follow the journey from Selection Sunday, when the competing teams are revealed, to the final, includes 67 games
Martin Healy, Head of Advertising Sales & Partnerships for The Walt Disney Company Middle East, comments: “Adding ESPN Player to our already popular sports news and information platforms (ESPN.com, ESPNCricinfo.com and the ESPN APP), allows us to continue delivering world class sports content to fans across the MENA region.
“The new additions of a daily ESPNFC football show and SportsCentre to the service broadens the appeal of ESPN Player, delivering greater value to a wider fan base than ever before. After observing the global popularity of ESPN’s 30for30 documentary series – including the 10-part series ‘The Last Dance’ – we also look forward to the reaction of MENA sports fans to the wide breadth and quality of the documentaries available on the service,” he concluded.
ESPN Player will offer over 400 documentaries and features, including:
- Oscar-winning documentary “OJ: Made In America”, which explores race and celebrity through the life of O. J. Simpson
- Recently released documentary “LANCE” – a fascinating, revealing and comprehensive chronicle of one of the most inspirational (and then infamous) athletes of all time, from acclaimed director Marina Zenovich
- Bao Nguyen’s film “Be Water” – an intimate and personal look at the life and purpose that motivated Bruce Lee, the martial artist trailblazer and pop culture icon.
- “Rodman: For Better or Worse” the unfettered and definitive look at the life and career of Dennis Rodman, one of basketball’s most controversial and polarizing figures
- “Jordan Rides The Bus” exploring the motivations that drove the world’s most competitive athlete to walk away from pro Basketball, having lead the Dream Team to an Olympic gold medal in 1992 and taking the Bulls to their third consecutive NBA championship the following year
Available on desktop, tablet, mobile and Android TV, ESPN Player brings live and on-demand sports programming, with subscribers able to access four 24/7 ESPN channels – ESPNU, The SEC Network, The ACC Network and The Longhorn Network – direct from the US. Game previews, original programmes, analysis and predictions will all be available to fans around the clock.