Hani Ghorayeb, COO, AMS-Choueiri Group, elected president.
The UAE chapter of the International Advertising Association (IAA) has named its newly elected board of directors for the 2014-’16 term, following biennial elections held on 24 November.
Hani Ghorayeb, COO, AMS-Choueiri Group, has been elected president. Douglas Palau, VP, Impact/BBDO will be VP and treasurer, while TBWA/RAAD Middle East COO Reda Raad will be the general secretary.
The new board also comprises:
- Asad ur Rehman, director media, North Africa & ME, Unilever
- Chadi Farhat, group head of investments, OMG MENA
- Marwan Kai, CEO, MIS Gulf
- Mazen Hayek, official spokesman and group director of PR & commercial, MBC
- Mohan Nambiar, CEO, MEC
- Mounir Harfouche, CEO, Lowe MENA
- Rajeev Khanna, group advertisement manager, Gulf News
- Sasan Saeidi, managing director, FP7-UAE
- Vatche Keverian, CEO, JWT MENA
- Yousef Tuqan Tuqan, chief innovation officer, Leo Burnett Group of Companies MENA
Hani Ghorayeb, COO, AMS-Choueiri Group, and newly elected president of the IAA UAE chapter, said, “I am very pleased with the outcome of the recent board elections and honoured to be a part of this distinguished team. Our work ahead will surely be focused on building stronger ties and bridges between clients, media, MBUs and agencies, in the hopes of advancing the standards and growth prospects for the entire region’s advertising industry.”